- Planning Jobs Board
Senior Planner (Compliance)
Salary: £30,507 - £32,878
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours per Week: 37
Place of Work: Civic Centre 1, Huddersfield
Ref: ENV 2002
Closing date: 31 January 2020
We have an excellent opportunity for someone wishing to progress their planning career and to join our enthusiastic and friendly team. We are looking for a Senior Planner/Enforcement Officer to work within our Development Management Compliance team and assist in our goal to develop this area and deliver a first rate service. The Council adopted its Local Plan in February 2019 and we have ambitious plans to kick start the regeneration of Dewsbury and Huddersfield Town Centres. By the end of the plan period (2031), our vision is that Kirklees will be a great place to live, work and invest in, delivered through an integrated approach to housing and employment.
As a Senior Planner (Compliance), your main duties will include:
- Carrying out site visits and dealing with breaches of planning control in order to maintain and improve the built and natural environment of the district.
- Lead on appropriate enforcement cases, collating evidence, checking records, preparing statements and reports so as to provide an efficient and effective enforcement service.
- Attend and give evidence at Court, Public Inquiries and Informal Hearings as required so as to ensure that effective enforcement activities are pursued within the district
- Monitor major site developments in order to ensure compliance with planning application conditions and s106 legal agreements.
- Negotiate with developers and applicants to reach the Council’s desired outcomes.
- Provide assistance and guidance to other members of the Compliance Team.
- Manage Enforcement staff within the team and actively contribute to achieving performance targets within the Development Management function as a whole.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Either a planning related degree (or equivalent) and substantialexperience or knowledge of enforcement and the planning system. Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute is desirable.
- Experienced in administering planning controls and regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of planning law, policy and procedures relating to Planning Enforcement and Development Management.
- Effective negotiation skills to deal with developers and applicants for planning permission.
- Experienced in managing and monitoring performance, including the ability to support, direct and supervise the work of a team.
- Strong IT skills to support working with packages such as Word, Excel and Access as well as specific IT packages.
- Written communication skills to be able to produce clear reports and documentation.
- Numeracy skills to be able to perform accurate financial and arithmetical calculations.
- Able to demonstrate excellent customer service and excellent interpersonal skills at all times.
- Is committed to personal career development and is proactive in seeking and undertaking further training opportunities.
For further information/how to apply
For full details and/or to apply please visit the Council's website.
Back to Job Listings