- Planning Jobs Board
Principal Planner - Development Management
Bromsgrove District Council and Redditch Borough Council
Salary: £31,401 to £36,153 per annum (Grade 8)
Hours: 37.0 hours per week
Closing Date: Midnight Monday18 February 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 26 February
We have an interesting and progressive new vacancy available for a Principal Planner to join our Planning Development Team, taking on a varied caseload of major and minor schemes. This post offers the opportunity actively shape the planning service at leadership level, making a real difference to the lives of residents and businesses across Bromsgrove and Redditch alongside an enthusiastic, dedicated and friendly team of both highly experienced Planners and those at the very beginning of their planning career.
Bromsgrove District Council and Redditch Borough Council are neighbouring Authorities in north Worcestershire with a shared planning service across the two Authorities, therefore offering a varied caseload with politically and geographically different factors to consider. This post is primarily based in our Redditch Office but will cover work from both areas.
If you would like to improve and develop your planning experience within a supportive and progressive unit, whilst being part of an ongoing period of transition and challenge for our busy and dynamic department, then this is the job for you. Apply today to join our fantastic, family-friendly team that consistently delivers high quality development and outstanding standards of customer service.
We want you to:
- Draw upon your enthusiasm and experience of delivering and managing a wide range of applications and projects to perform the day-to-day duties of our Planning Team
- Help us protect and enhance an environment of both intense Green Belt pressure and a traditional manufacturing landscape
- Provide direction and an active mentoring role to our Planning Officers and Planning Assistants to ensure the delivery of the Council’s objectives, including the planning growth proposed in our adopted Local Plans
- Play an active part in this “buddy system” which is an integral part of our ethos to continually develop technical expertise within the team and to develop the next generation of Planners across the District and Borough
- Be part of key decisions affecting how we react and respond to local and national change and we harness the future direction of the team
To be considered you will need to meet all of the following criteria:
- Educated to Degree level or above
- Have Full Chartered Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Have at least three years’ experience in planning work, including at least one year in a Development Management setting
There are lots of great benefits to being an employee of Bromsgrove District and Redditch Borough Councils including:
- Full payment of RTPI subscription fees
- The certainty of two adopted Local Plans (January 2017) in Development Management decision-making
- Support for continuing professional development and progression
- Free and secure staff parking at both the Redditch and Bromsgrove offices
- Smart, modern offices in Redditch Town Centre located within walking distance to bus and train stations and major retailers
- Opportunity to undertake home working, with supplied IT equipment and dedicated IT assistance
- 23 days annual leave rising to 28 after five years local government service plus statutory holidays and one fixed day per annum
- Flexible working scheme which includes the ability to work flexible hours and a range of other flexible and part-time working patterns
- Concessionary rates for the use of leisure facilities in Bromsgrove and Redditch
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme
- Use of 24 hour employee assistance programme offering free legal and personal advice
- Free employee support services
- Car, technology, Cycle2Work, Healthcare and childcare salary sacrifice opportunities
- Staff benefits from national high street and leisure providers
For more information /to apply:
Please contact Dale Birch, Development Management Manager, on 01527 881341 or email email@example.com.
To apply please visit WM Jobs www.wmjobs.co.uk and use the keyword search Bromsgrove and Redditch.
Back to Job Listings