TRA is the UK's leading provider of practitioner-presented training for Councillors involved in planning; having trained thousands of elected Members in over 250 authorities throughout England, Wales and Scotland.
Following the Welsh local elections in May TRA has been commissioned by several Welsh Authorities to deliver in-house planning training for their Members, all of which have now been successfully delivered.
Sessions have taken place in Bridgend, Newport, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and Powys, and participant feedback was very encouraging:
- Excellent review of complex procedures and processes in planning. Cllr Lyndon Lloyd MBE, Ceredigion CC
- Met my expectations as a new Committee Member. It touched on a broad spectrum of subject matters. Cllr Maldwyn Lewis, Ceredigion CC
- Better than I expected. Thorough, coherent and littered with valuable real-life anecdotes. Thank you very much, I look forward to your next gig! Cllr David Lloyd, Pembrokeshire CC
- Planning is a confusing and complex part of being a Member. The training was very good in dealing with and highlighting the essential elements of planning. Cllr P. Rapi, Pembrokeshire CC
- The best and most appropriate Member training on planning that I have attended. Cllr Julie James, Pembrokeshire Coast NPA
- Excellent, well-constructed and informative. A thorough explanation of the planning system and the role of Members and Councillors within it. Presented in an energetic, humorous manner which kept us engaged throughout the day. Cllr Gwyneth Hayward, Pembrokeshire Coast NPA
- Very informative and excellent examples used to reinforce. Being a newly elected Councillor your advice is much appreciated. Thank you very much. Cllr Karen Louise Parry, Powys CC
- A good deal of useful/essential information. I now have a better understanding on planning issues. A very good Presenter. Cllr Huw Williams, Powys CC
- Felt it was very engaging, very informative and broke down aspects of planning well. Cllr Sorrel Dendy, Bridgend CBC
- It was very informative and necessary to understand my role on the committee. I was able to get answers to all my questions and I am more confident to undertake my duties. Cllr Amanda Williams, Bridgend CBC
- Very interesting. Thank you for your time and experience you gave. Very informative, very intense training but I enjoyed it. Cllr Jason Jordan, Newport CC
- Very useful for a new Committee and a useful refresher for me. Thank you. Cllr Joanne Evans, Newport CC.
If you are interested in organising an in-house training session for your Members you can find more information on what we can offer on our website. Alternatively, contact Angela Holmes for a no-obligation discussion/quotation.