For many years TRA has specialised in providing training for those involved or interested in the planning process. Due to the increasing requirement for staff to be 'multi-skilled', TRA has developed an Introduction to Planning for those who have limited or no experience in the town planning process, but who need to have a basic understanding of how the system works.
It is on this basis that we were commissioned to deliver a one-day workshop on behalf of Hampshire County Council; to help staff who regularly work alongside planning colleagues in District Councils to understand what the planners can and can’t do when applications are decided.
This one-day workshop helped to demystify the planning process, giving participants an insight into how the system operates which in turn will enable them to work more effectively alongside their colleagues and customers.
It was prepared and delivered by popular TRA presenter, David Kaiserman, and course feedback was very encouraging:
- It explained a field that usually is not clear – it gave me a better understanding of planning. Santiago Manzanero, Flood and Water Management Team
- Very informative, a good level of detail. Found the sections on conditions and material considerations particularly useful, thank you. Emma James, Ecology Team
- Presenter had a wealth of experience which he drew upon to outline examples, which helped to explain concepts. Jennifer Simpson, Ecology Team
- Good level of content, and instructor answered some very specific questions with his knowledge and wide-ranging examples. Sarah Callegari, Environmental Impact Assessment Team
- Very good presentation at the right level of technical language – excellent presentation overall. Fingal Noguera, Engineering Team
- It covered many aspects of my day-to-day role, and I feel I have learned more about my colleagues and what they do. Zac Taylor, Flood and Water Management Team.
If you would like to receive more information on the above workshop, or you are interested in running your own in-house session for ‘non-planners’ then please do not hesitate to contact Angela Holmes for a no-commitment discussion.
Please note that the prices we quote are ‘all-in’, so there are no hidden extras and you know exactly what you can expect to pay at invoicing stage from the outset.