Details have now been finalised for this year's Forum on Enforcement due to take place at the Manchester Meeting Place on 11 October 2018.
TRA has always recognised enforcement as a vital part of the planning process and for almost 30 years has been providing a range of training and education opportunities for enforcement officers, planning and legal staff, and anyone from the private sector with a specific interest in planning enforcement. The Forum has been one of the mainstays in our annual programme providing excellent CPD and a valuable opportunity to meet and exchange experiences with practitioners from other authorities and organisations.
As always, the day will involve a mixture of plenary sessions and smaller parallel sessions:
- IZINDI VISAGIE, Solicitor and founder of Ivy Legal, will provide an update of recent case law
- AMY SEDMAN, Enforcement Team Leader at Cherwell and South Northamptonshire Councils, will look in detail at the problems associated with student accommodation
- NEILL WHITTAKER, Planning Associate at Ivy Legal and Chair of the National Association for Planning Enforcement, will explain how to draft and defend Enforcement Notices particularly with respect to the application of the 'Miller-Mead' test
- PAUL DIAPER, Accredited Financial Investigator at Reigate and Banstead Borough Council, will examine the application of the provisions of the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, including a case where he is assisting a Planning Authority who are looking to charge a Money Laundering offence
- JULIA SHAW, an Investigator with the Local Government Ombudsman, will highlight examples of good practice alondside some of the faults seen during investigations into Enforcement complaints.
Further details for the Forum including a downloadable leaflet, can be found on our website and bookings can be made via the online booking system. If you are not able to make a firm booking straight away provisional bookings are recommended and can be made by calling 01204 385678 or via the online booking system.
As always, discounts of between 10 and 15% are available via our Block Booking Scheme for bookings of 2 or more places made at the same time (over any number of events in the programme). Further details for the scheme are on the website.