Brand new to TRA's programme for 2019 is a particularly topical conference on “Delivering Places at Scale”. The event has been organised by TRA in partnership with Hyas Associates, a new independent consultancy offering tailored support and strategic advice to help complex projects move successfully through the planning system.
The conference combines the latest thinking on the delivery of new communities, garden settlements and urban extensions with practical examples of exciting schemes that are emerging across the country. Looking at how to plan at a strategic, cross-boundary level through to ensuring you deliver high quality spaces for the future, with appropriate infrastructure, the agenda features high quality speakers with practical experience at both a national and local level. Several of the sessions will include case study presentations from those directly involved in schemes.
The event will take place at our London venue on Tuesday 30 April 2019. Full details should be available on our website in the next few days although bookings can be made now. The conference will be chaired by Stephen Hill, Director at Hyas and the agenda will include:
- New settlements: making the vision a reality - Anna Rose, Head of Planning Advisory Service
- Planning Strategically for Growth - Catriona Riddell, folllowed by a case study on South West Herts
- An overview of new communities across England - Hyas Associates, followed by a case study on the Ox-Cam Arc
- Supporting Large Scale Delivery - Homes England
- Delivering Infrastructure to Support Growth - Karl Fitzgerald, Infrastructure and Projects Authority
- Defining and Securing High Quality Places - Hugh Ellis, TCPA, followed by a case study on St Cuthbert's Garden Village, Carlisle.
The event will be ideal for anyone involved in planning for the delivery of a major new residential development and we look forward to seeing you there.