TRA was recently commissioned by Bournemouth Borough Council to deliver a one-day in-house workshop on Negotiation Skills. The workshop is aimed at planning and development staff who have to negotiate with various outside organisations, agencies and individuals as part of their work.
Specific objectives of the workshop were to:
- establish clear, basic concepts of negotiation in planning and development situations
- develop some operational and personal techniques in negotiation and explore how to apply these in working situations
- recognise negotiation techniques which may be used by other parties, and how these may be "countered" if necessary
- lay the foundations for continued learning about negotiation in working situations.
The workshop was developed and delivered by TRA Presenter, Chris Weetman, and feedback from the session was excellent:
- Good content, interesting and frank examples. Very relevant to our line of work rather than generic. Tom Hubbard
- Well structured, delivered and informative. Engaging Presenter. I learnt much. Richard Cable
- I liked the format. Very interestingly delivered – interesting examples. Julia Nuttall
- Exceeded my expectations and completely met the workshop objectives. I have a much better understanding of how to negotiate and look forward to putting it into practice. Catherine Miles.
If you feel that your authority would benefit from an in-house workshop on Negotiation Skills then please do not hesitate to contact Angela Holmes who will be happy to provide you with a detailed, no obligation quotation.