As mentioned in an earlier issue of Enews we have been finalising the details for our ever popular Forum on Enforcement which is due to take place in Manchester on 3 October 2019. This year's line-up is now complete and information on our speakers and the topics they will be discussing is available on the TRA website.
For almost 30 years, the Forum has been providing the opportunity to learn from our panel of highly experienced speakers, and also to gain excellent CPD while meeting and exchanging views and experiences with other participants in a structured but not overly formal atmosphere. The event regularly receives excellent feedback with some of our loyal participants returning year after year.
The contributors for 2019 will be:
- Izindi Visagie, Solicitor and founder of Ivy Legal will provide a Legal Update of recent enforcement case law and its relevance to day-to-day enforcement work
- Tom Wicks, Director of Enforcement Services believes LPAs have all the powers necessary to remedy any breach of planning control and will be looking in particular at Direct Action
- Ron Goodyer, Planning Enforcement Officer with Stratford-on-Avon District Council will be explaining his hands-on approach to Listed Building Enforcement from the initial investigation through to successful action
- Chris Weetman, Independent Planning Consultant and TRA Associate will aim to teach the necessary skills for Enforcement Officers to negotiate successfully
- Scott Stemp, Barrister from No5 Chambers will look at how to "boilerplate" your prosecution so that you succeed in court, including effective evidence gathering and disclosure.
The Forum will be chaired by David McGowan, Head of Development Management at the Lake District National Park Authority.
Further details are on the TRA website and more information can be viewed/downloaded in a pdf leaflet. Places can be booked online via the website. If you are unable to make a firm booking straight away, provisional bookings are recommended and can also be made online or by telephone on 01204 385678. As always discounts are available under our Discounted Block Booking Scheme when booking 2 or more places at the same time (over any number of events in the programme).