This brand new conference is being organised in partnership with Hyas Associates, a multi-disciplinary practice of senior professionals with extensive experience of planning for and delivering all aspects of large scale, residential-led sites. It combines the latest thinking on the delivery of new communities, garden settlements and urban extensions, providing practical examples of exciting schemes that are emerging across the country, and will be ideal for anyone involved in planning for the delivery of a major new residential development.
Looking at how to plan at a strategic, cross-boundary level through to ensuring you deliver quality places for the future, with appropriate infrastructure, the agenda features excellent speakers with practical experience at both a national and local level. Several of the sessions will include case study presentations from those directly involved in schemes:
- New Settlements: making the vision a reality - Anna Rose, Head of Planning Advisory Service
- Planning Strategically for Growth - Catriona Riddell, Director of Catriona Riddell Associates Ltd, followed by a case study delivered by Chris Outtersides, South West Hertfordshire Strategic Plan Director
- An overview of new communities across England - Rob Smith and Paul Brockway, Directors with Hyas Associates, followed by a case study on the Ox-Cam Arc delivered by Pippa Cheetham, Planning Director at Varsity Town Planning
- Supporting Large Scale Delivery - Fionnuala Lennon, Head of Garden Settlements at Homes England and Ben Grubb, Development Corporations Lead at MHCLG
- Delivering Infrastructure to Support Growth - Karl Fitzgerald, Projects Director, Infrastructure and Projects Authority
- Defining and Securing High Quality Places - Hugh Ellis, Policy Director, Town and Country Planning Association, followed by a case study on St Cuthbert's Garden Village by Gary Legg, Investment and Policy Manager, Economic Investment, Carlisle City Council